Start date: November 21st, 2023 – Deadline: February 21st, 2024
3D Printing Video Challenge Bring Your Favourite Model To Life
We are happy to announce our latest collaboration with CGTrader 3D Printing Video Challenge: Bring your favourite 3D models to life
CGTrader is the largest source for licensable stock and custom 3D models. Their library extends over 1,850,000 3D printable models and has an incredible community of over 8 million users.
In the past we have worked with CGTrader on a giveaway, and today we are happy to tell you that they have reached out to us to work together on a new competition! In collaboration with our esteemed partners, CGTrader and Prusa, we are thrilled to announce CGTraders latest challenge for all 3D printing enthusiasts and creative minds!
For this challenge we want you to choose from a wide range of 3D Print Ready Models on CGTrader’s marketplace, both paid and free, and bring them to life with 3D printing. To convince CGTrader, Prusa and us, we want you to document, submit and share this fascinating process in a YouTube video.
The competition will be judged by CGTrader, Prusa and FormFutura, and we would love to see you improve your project by painting, personalizing, post-processing, and assembling it, or by displaying it in your own unique way.
Remember to tag, FormFutura, and add a link in your video description to the CGTrader models you utilized.
CGTrader: CGTrader is the world’s largest source for licensable stock and custom 3D models. The self-service CGTrader Marketplace showcases 1,850,000 3D models and includes a managed community of 8.22 million users.
Prusa: A leader in the 3D printing industry, Prusa is celebrated for its innovative and reliable 3D printers. Known for their precision and ease of use, Prusa’s products are a favourite among enthusiasts and professionals alike. We are thrilled to have Prusa’s support, expertise and involvement in our 3D Printing Video Challenge.
The Prize pool
If you participate, you have the chance to win a range of very valuable prizes. The prize pool includes the highly sought-after Original Prusa MK4 Printer, substantial cash rewards provided by CGTrader, and a huge selection of our own premium FormFutura High Speed Filaments. Winners will also benefit from exclusive discount codes from FormFutura and CGTrader credits.
Please note, due to customs limitations, some prizes restricted to EU recipients will be awarded to EU-based honourable mentions if top winners are international. International winners will be able to claim the big cash prizes along with discount codes and credits.
How to Participate
- Choose your model: Pick your preferred 3D model(s) from CGTrader, free or paid.
- Print and capture: Print the model(s) and capture the process! You can also choose to paint them, post-process or refine them.
- Share your story: Upload a video of your journey to YouTube, highlighting the transformation of your chosen model into a real-world masterpiece.
- Link back: Remember to tag FormFutura, and link back to the CGTrader models in your video description, guiding viewers to the origin of your chosen models. Make sure to also mention CGTrader in the title along with the hashtag #CGTraderPrintChallenge.
Judging for the 3D PRINTING Video Challenge will be conducted by staff members from CGTrader, Prusa and FormFutura. Winners will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Print Quality: Looking for prints with smooth surfaces, crisp details, and solid structure.
- Creative Touch: We encourage personalization and creative modifications to your model.
- Colour and Finish: Impress us with your painting or finishing skills and techniques.
- Innovation: Show off unique uses of materials or printing methods.
- Community Engagement: The response your video receives (likes, comments, etc.) may also be considered.